This special handcrafted rocking chair created by Pennsylvania artisan Tom Svec is part of The Artisan Line of The Penn State Elms Collection. Designed to blend in both classic and modern interiors, this rocking chair is heirloom quality and built by hand with graceful curves and generous ergonomic seating. Each chair is numbered and signed by the artist and features the official Elms Collection brand.
- All components, with the exception of the seat, are of laminated bentwood construction in book-matched pairs, where applicable.
- Steel screws are used where appropriate in the joinery and assembly of the chairs, covered by matching elm plugs. The front legs are joined to the rockers and arms using a mortise and tenon joint producing a clean-looking and strong connection.
- The six back slats are made from three laminations each and are designed to flex while the chair is in use, allowing them to move with the user.
- The finish consists of two or more coats of hand-rubbed tung oil, followed by one coat of sanding sealer (rubbed out) and one coat of catalyzed conversion varnish.
- 31”width across chair arms (widest dimension
- 40” depth from front to rear of rocker
- 44” height to top of headrest
- Includes a certificate of authenticity
Note about Cleaning: A damp cloth can be used to clean the rocking chair. No silicon or wax-based cleaning products should be used as they are not compatible with the chairs finishes.
Please allow approximately 6-8 weeks for the production of your piece plus shipping time. This item will be shipped using a white glove delivery provider. The delivery charge is included in the price.
The Elms Collection pieces are limited to the wood supply on hand. As Elm yellows disease is stabilizing on campus, we are becoming limited in our supply of wood. Once your piece is ordered, we will work with the manufacturer to confirm the availability of wood for your piece and provide you updates about your order. Please note your credit card will not be charged until we verify that we are able to produce your piece.